52. Geotechnical Hazard Assessment Report DA

A Geotechnical Engineer (sometimes abbreviated to Geotech) specialises in engineering below the ground. Their work usually involves ensuring that sites (and buildings on those sites) will be stable. A Geotechnical Report is normally required on sites with a steep slope that a governing body has deemed as a potential land slip risk. The proposed design will be handed to them prior to lodgement so that they may assess the proposed design against the site's land slip risks, soil type and geology and make engineering recommendations accordingly. For sites with considerable geotechnical complexity or risk see: Geotechnical Preliminary Risk.

Back to Glossary